7 Mart 2008 Cuma

The Letter About Kapadokya (Cappadocia or Cappadoce)

The Letter About Kapadokya (Cappadocia or Cappadoce)

….. Our country’s rich in a tremendous number of historical remains. All historical remains are worth visiting and seeing. Here it is! One of best places worth seeing is Kapadokya (Cappadocia or Cappadoce). It’s a really beautiful and interesting place. It’s in Nevsehir. An example is Uchisar’s Pigeon Valley. Nature shows us its talent for carving the begish rock-- it looks like a rock, but actually it’s not. I forgot the name of the rock. If I remember it, I’ll tell you--. There are churches, buildings carved into the rocks. These things are not separated from each other. Do you know that it can be an impressive view, when you watch sunset there? I can’t describe it to you….

There are called “the fairy chimneys (or earth pillars)" in Pasabag. They’re so tall and seem like they’re going to fall onto your head. There’s an open air museum in Zelve. It’s really worth visiting. Tourists – especially Scandinavian and Far- Eastern – crowd this museum. Goreme looks like Zelve too; but smaller. There’re churches, storehouses for wine… etc in the carved rock. If I explain everything, I can never finish my letter. Have you ever seen the Ihlara Valley? It’s wonderful! I’ve ever seen such a beautiful view of a valley in all my life. If you see it, you’ll agree that I’m right.

There are two underground cities which are called Kaymakli, and Derinkuyu. I want to talk about the underground city in Kaymakli. This city’s structure looks like ants nest. It’s so different and interesting, you can’t imagine it. How did people solve their city’s ventilation, irrigation, and lightning problems? There were no architects and engineering in very very old days. According to our guide, the heat of the subterranean dwelling is always constant. If you go to the deepest hole in underground, its heat never changes. The heat doesn’t even change in winter. As this area is a convenient place to stay and live, with fertile land agriculture, the people decided to live there. Anyway, why did people build this city? According to our guide, there were polytheism beliefs in ancient times. Some groups who believed in Christ came to Anatolia and began to spread Christianity. The Roman who believed in Polytheism, learn about these events. He decided to stop and kill groups who spread Christianity. People who ran away from the King, found this place and built this city. Do you know that the way inside the city is a bit complicated? They’ve done it in case the King’s soldiers so that they couldn’t be found and be caught easily. It looks like a labyrinth. I remember that my friend lost his way!!! Because he’s absent-minded person and he likes to stay behind our group. It was terrible. We started to search and found him after one hour. After that even, we never left him alone until the end of our tour.

There lots of things to write about it. I can’t finish my letter. If you come there sometime, I recommend you to see the workshop of the ceramic, taste a glass of their red wine, and join the balloon tours with your friends if it’s available.

I finish my letter. Hope to hear from you soon. Take care! All the best!

With Best Wishes
Your Friend Fatih.

Hiç yorum yok: